Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

No Black Friday for us!

The day after Thanksgiving, we had part of our Christmas gift exchange!  We did some fancy footwork to try and get all of us together.  J and his parents had to leave the next day for their mid-Atlantic home, S works nights and would drive the hour to mom's house after work that morning, Mom had to be at work at 10 (and actually got called in early) and Mr. GV had to be at work that afternoon at 1:00.  So we had our partial Christmas around 8:30-9:00 that morning. 

The main thing of course was getting to see J open his gifts that we gave him.



J and I had been perusing the toy aisles of my local big box store and he had been asking for things he saw in commercials.  I would look at each one and read out the recommended age.  Most of them start at age 4, and he would be so disappointed.  Finally we saw Don't Break the Ice and the age was 3!  Oh the joy that came from him seeing the number three!  "Free?  I'm free!  I can play that game."  So even thought it wasn't in my original plan, I had to get that game for him. 
 Helping his RaRa open her gift.

 NaNa's gift from J and his parents.

 Mr. GV opening his gift from J and his parents. 

 D and J opening his gifts.

 Macy enjoying an ear rub from Mr. GV.

 K opening her birthday present (25 soon--woot!)


J with his haul.

Playing Don't Break the Ice with RaRa.

 Enjoying his Alphie.
 Making a PlayDoh pizza.  (Notice the tongue--he was concentrating.)

No comments: