Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Helping Habitat while getting rid of my clutter

Not the best picture, but I just wanted to show a couple things I finally decluttered out of my garage!  One of them has been there for over a year, and the other one for several months.  These are the chandeliers out of the dining room and breakfast area.  I was just tired of these, and wanted a more updated, brushed nickel style.  One of the new ones was a Christmas gift, and the other one I found on closeout. 

I decided to call up my local chapter of Habitat for Humanity to see if they would take these chandeliers, and indeed they did!  We dropped them off last week at an old home they use as their warehouse. 

If you are doing any remodeling in the future, remember to check with Habitat or similar charity to see if they can use any of your old fixtures.  Our local guy said they get a lot of donations that way. 


No comments: