Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

HHH, parade, and frisbee

J had been asking for Hungry Hungry Hippos for quite some time.  His mom spotted it at a kids' consignment sale and made J one happy boy that day!  We played that evening, and it's been played with several times since then.  I'm not ashamed to admit I enjoy playing it with him. 




At the end of April, our town always has a huge festival.  It's devoted to the cooking and partaking of a particular animal, so we don't participate in that part.  We do, however, enjoy the parade.  As a teen, I marched in the parade along with the rest of the high school band.  That time of year is flaky around here, weather-wise.  It's usually either broiling hot, pouring down rain, or occasionally freezing cold. 

This year it was a bit chilly to start with, and J needed his jacket and hood.  (I promise, Mr. GV wasn't angry at the time.  I'm pretty sure this picture caught him mid-chew of a snack.  lol) 



The kids around us all had silly string, and I closed my eyes to the fact that it is probably made from the most toxic substance known to mankind, and bought a can for J.  He had the best time with it.

A freebie Frisbee, given out by a parade participant brought on this big smile. 

This was a church float, and Mr. GV pointed out that he wasn't aware that sunglasses and lollipops were part of the dress back in biblical times.  We had a good laugh over that. 
A college band participating in the parade was performing a medley of Michael Jackson songs.  The field commander dressed the part, and by walking backwards was essentially doing the moonwalk. 
J loves Scooby Doo, and his mommy promised him one if he was good throughout the majority of the parade. 

Loved watching what I presume to be a dad and his mini-me.  Just two cowboys, hanging out at the parade. 

Later that day, K left J here at our house and we hung around outside.  Here's Macy, thrilled to have a stick in her mouth and that J was running around trying to get it from her.  She loves to play "keep away." 
Practicing his Frisbee throwing.
Trying to wrench it from her jaws. 
I just love the cuteness in the next two pictures.  I'm a proud Auntie, what can I say?

No comments: