Mr. GV and I took a small driving vacation a few weeks ago. We are always in a hurry to get somewhere when we are on vacation, and pass signs on the highways for local museums but don't have the time to stop! So this time we put in our ultimate destination, then did a Googlemaps search for museums within a certain distance. And that's how we planned our vacation!
Our first stop was the Lincoln Museum in Hodgenville, KY. This is a fairly small, two story museum. There are several scenes from President Lincoln's life, plus lots of other interesting items to see.
On the second floor there were also many items such as clothes and tools from the era in which Lincoln lived. I thought this yarn winder was kind of interesting.
Mr. GV taking in the exhibits.
Outside the museum are a couple of statues. One is of Lincoln as a young boy, and the other is the one you see below.
We ended our day in Louisville, KY and headed to an Indian restaurant we've been to before. They serve animal products, but they have several items that are clearly marked 'vegan' on their menu. We started off with the samosas.
And a big pitcher of water.
Mr. GV had mulligatawny soup (and said theirs was good, but mine was better, which was a nice compliment!)
I am crazy about dosa, so we ordered the masala dosai. It was HUGE as you can see in the picture. Much bigger than we expected.
Mr. GV had his usual aloo gobi,
while I had my typical chana masala. It was a bit too spicy for me, but that was my own fault, as I forgot to order it mild.





No comments:
Post a Comment