Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Frugal doings

We have had lots of expenses around here lately.  But it's no fun to focus on that, is it?  So let's just rejoice in the few frugal items, shall we?

*I made a trip to the big city recently to transport a cat to Petsmart.  While there I stopped at Moe's to pick up dinner for Mr. GV and myself.  On Monday's Moe's has $5 wraps.  Of course it is always cheaper to eat at home, but after having been on the road for a few hours and busy all day, this was a planned event.  So I will take the $5 wrap.

*I have discovered the joy of my sister having a pool at her apartment complex. I have red hair (well I did before the aging process made it look like I've dyed  it blonde!), blue eyes, the whitest white girl skin, AND a family history of melanoma. So I've never been a sun worshiper or one that is able to hang out at the pool all day. But now with my sister less than 10 minutes away I am able to go over and enjoy a dip for an hour or two at the time, for free. 

*I have been to very few yard sales this season, as I really don't need anything. However, on a whim I stopped at one this summer and found a large box full of Archie comic books. I loved this series growing up, and my nephew does too. He has been digging into the box each time he visits my house. I can't remember now exactly what I paid, but I want to say it was $20. That's a huge bargain for something that we both enjoy. 

*I made a visit to Goodwill and found 3 shirts and 2 sleep pants. I'm thrilled with them all. I have very few decent shirts. When you are in animal rescue you rarely have a call to get dressed up!  

*I've been getting through a few books lately and putting them in a bin to be sold at a large used bookstore. I also cleaned out underneath one of the cabinets in our built-ins. These were books that we had read and saved. I save very few books. Typically I read one and then out it goes to be sold or loaned out. Mr. GV has favorites that he does like to save, however. So I was pleasantly surprised when he agreed to get rid of several books!  


No comments: