Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Doings

I've been getting rid of more things!  I'm reinvigorated to clean out the house. The rainy weather is probably helping with that, as I have trouble feeling comfortable and cozy if there is a cluttered house around me. 

Just today, while recovering from a minor illness, I cleaned out some old photos. I decided to get rid of photos in which people are blurry, it's just scenery, or get rid of all photos but one in a grouping where they are very similar. This is difficult for my husband. I asked his permission on a few that involved a hiking trip from the 90's that he and a buddy went on, and he just didn't want to talk about it. His reasoning is he is tired at the end of the work day, which I completely understand. But if it was a morning he would also have an excuse. :)  He just doesn't want to deal with it, and rarely wants to get rid of anything. It's just who he is. He is a fantastic human being, so I'll forgive him for this little flaw. Lol. 

I am, however, determined to rid this house of anything that is mine that I don't need or anything that is ours if I feel comfortable making the decision to toss. 

Last week I found a whole stack of old computer CDs to throw out. 

I had been holding on to these books for some reason, which is strange because I generally read a book then get rid of it. These books still look brand new so I gave them to someone who is making a dog lovers basket for the silent auction at a banquet our humane society has coming up. 



And yes, in a sense I did "get rid of" this sweet foster boy, Simon. He is now named Victor and has a wonderful mom and two Boston Terrier siblings who are his best buddies. 
 

No comments: