These stuffed animals I pulled from yardsale donations that were made to our humane society a few years back. Yes I said years. I had all the intentions in the world to sell them on Ebay, as it seemed they were worth a few bucks. Well, there they still sat in the closet, so out they go to donations.
Same here. Going out as donations. More stuffed animals, a freebie shirt from a conference, shoes that I love the look of but just aren't that comfortable on my feet, sunglasses no one claimed at an event I ran. A few more items that weren't in the picture: a back support Mr. GV bought to use in the car but really doesn't help him, a box of sidewalk chalk, and a few more small items.
Our humane society is having an event with a silent auction soon. I've been keeping these things in...you guessed it...that same closet, some for months now. I am so so so glad to get rid of them and vow to never junk it up like that again! This is also a good reminder that your good quality "junk" can be a good fundraising item for a charity.
Bissell gives us a free product every year as a Partner for Pets. Hopefully we will make some nice change off this at the silent auction.
I bought these travel Bingo cards a few years ago when the entire family went to Florida on vacation. We never used them. Sigh. They are still in the original packaging. I also donated a cute little dog picture frame that I never could make myself print out tiny pictures in order to use it.
Bracelets that were donated for our yard sale this year but were nice enough to hold back for the banquet.
Bought this Peppa Pig toy on clearance last year.
A Christmas gift for me in the past, and now a nice item for the silent auction.
Cool metal thermometer, bought on clearance.
A few years ago Mr. GV tried to get into birdwatching, but it never really stuck as a hobby for him. Here we have a new (but from a yardsale) DVD and a couple of gently used books, plus a cute little notebook to make note of what birds you see. I bought a bag of birdseed and some birdseed shaped into a bell to complete the basket. Basket from Goodwill.
My sister bought these at Dollar Tree and I picked up the basket at Goodwill.
This basket started because my sister gave me the cute little cat tea infusers as a gift for someone and never gave them to the person. So she gave them to me for the banquet. I threw in another brand new tea infuser that I got for my husband last Christmas and he never used, a mug and some lemon honey spoons from Marshall's, snacks from Dollar Tree, and loose teas from Kroger. Basket from (of course) Goodwill.
I had a couple of other items I was able to donate: Brand new lazy bed glasses (look it up, you wouldn't believe it if I told you) that Mr. GV had bought to give to a friend last Christmas and never did, and an item I got Mr. GV for his stocking last year and he never used--a gadget to convert the screws in the light switch plate to magnets to hold your keys. It's a nifty idea but I forgot I had bought a nicer shelf with magnets to hold his keys, wallet, pens, and ID badge.
When I was at Goodwill last week buying the baskets for my auction goodies, I saw this Halloween decoration for $3.99. I simply could not resist. It was the week of Halloween and had a cat on it. Never mind that I really don't decorate for Halloween. I hung it on the front door and when my sister moves into her own place I plan to gift it to her since she has a black cat.
No comments:
Post a Comment