The last few days have been all about enjoying spring and getting outside when we can. One day we had to travel to a bike shop to get the husband's bike seen about. He is an avid bicyclist and is ready to get out and take long rides after the winter.
The second veggie bed is now planted (save for the carrot seed which is going in today), and so are 2 bags of iris bulbs my mom dug up and shared with me. I love sharing flowers and other plants with family and friends!
Today I'm enjoying having the clothes out on the line, swinging in the wind, and planted 3 hanging baskets for my front porch. In the past I've always bought those plastic pots that are already planted. What in the world was I thinking? It's ugly plastic and I always wound up throwing them away. This year I bought reusable woven pots and planted some beautiful petunias in them. My Granny had a green thumb, especially with petunias, so anytime I look at that particular flower, I always remember Granny and her "tunies."
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment