So one thing we have done in the last month or so is hit up the movie theater! I am lucky for being in a family of movie-loving people, including my husband. Lately we have seen:
*Shrek Forever After (in 3D)-- I saw this with mom and Mr. GreenVeggie. It was mom's first 3D movie (not counting the one at Disney World) and our second (after Avatar.) Love 3D movies, and really liked Shrek.
*Sex and the City 2-- I saw this with my mom. Yes it was a superficial romp. Yes it was too long. But we still liked it a lot!
*Prince of Persia--I went to this movie because Mr. GV wanted to see it. And I wanted to see it too. Just not as bad as he did. We pretty much had the place to ourselves, just us and two seniors sitting on the front row. They were a sweet couple. He had a walker and just the way he was walking made me think he'd had hip replacement or the like. She went and got his popcorn. I also got the distinct impression she was there so he could see the movie. Anyway, it was a pretty good movie. Lots of action, and the bloodletting was kept to a minimum.
*Karate Kid--I give this 9 'wax on, wax offs' out of 10! I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, from the scenary, to the child star, to Jackie Chan, I thought they were all treat.
*Marmaduke--Ah, Marmaduke. This was my nephew's first movie visit. I saw part of it. Something about a talking dog, right? lol No, really I did see more of it than that. It was OK, but nothing special. More on this in another post.
Upcoming movies we hope to see--
Toy Story 3 (in 3D)
Grown Ups
Knight and Day
Killers (Mom and MGV saw this last week together--I plan to go this week while hubby works.)
The A Team
Twilight Saga: Eclipse
The Last Airbender
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
And that takes us through July....Yes we are movie junkies!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment