
So, my nephew has gone home to his mommy and daddy today. He became my little shadow during the past couple of weeks. I really loved it, even though it made it difficult to do things around the house or even go out the door at times. This morning I buckled him into his car seat and kissed and hugged him goodbye. It was then he realized I wasn't going with him, so he looked at me with slightly worried eyes and said "C'mon Anna. C'mon." (By the way, my name is not Anna--pronounced Ah-na--that is his interpretation of Auntie, and I have a feeling it will stick. lol) I told him no, that I had to stay here, but it broke my heart! Never mind that I will probably be seeing him at the end of next week for the 4th of July holiday, or at the very least in August.
My mom and other sister are driving him to the halfway point, about 4 1/2 hours from here. And so my mom's house is unusually quiet. I hear the clocks ticking, the ceiling fan whirring, and the occasional kicking on of the air or refrigerator. I like some silence every now and then but this is almost overwhelming. But happily this evening I will be back at my house with the barking/hissing menagerie that is typically my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment