I realize the pictures aren't that great, but it was so grey outside that day, and I had to shoot from right inside the door. Whenever I opened it up, the woodpecker of course flew away.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Red-bellied woodpecker
During one of our snowfalls in January, I spotted a red-bellied woodpecker in our backyard. We hear woodpeckers when we sit outside on the deck, but don't spot them too often. I was calling this one a red-headed woodpecker, but did my research to double check and found I was mistaken. The red-headed one looks like good ol' Woody Woodpecker. The red-bellied one has a tuft of red on its belly but you rarely get a glimpse of it.
I realize the pictures aren't that great, but it was so grey outside that day, and I had to shoot from right inside the door. Whenever I opened it up, the woodpecker of course flew away.

I realize the pictures aren't that great, but it was so grey outside that day, and I had to shoot from right inside the door. Whenever I opened it up, the woodpecker of course flew away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment