Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lil' bit of shopping

I am currently out of town with Mr. GV, who is attending a continuing education conference. My cold is mostly gone, just the lovely lingering symptoms you have for a couple weeks. Thankfully my pain is much better too. I have a test next week to see what's at the root of the pain.

Unfortunately Mr. GV caught my cold. What a switch! We don't get sick very often, but when we do usually he brings it home from the hospital and gives it to me.

Yesterday after dropping Mr. GV at his CE I decided to do some shopping. First off was Target. My one good deal there was noticing that the bike rack we had looked at in the past was on clearance, for under $30. I was thrilled to have found that deal. Next I went to Books-A-Million, where I looked around for a long time but only came out with one book, the last in a series I am currently reading.

I stopped in at Bed Bath and Beyond because I had a $5 coupon and I have been looking for a special frame lately. I was so thrilled to find it there!

Then it was on to Old Navy. When I walked in I was handed a $5 coupon that was only good for one more hour. I found 3 shirts that I really liked, and they were on clearance. Of course it's not a good idea to buy "just because" you have a coupon, and I know that. But I am very low on shirts that are not T-shirts, so I decided to go for it.

After that I picked up a couple veggie subs for Mr. GV and I, and it was back to the CE center I went. We had a nice little lunch in a gazebo on the grounds. I spent the rest of the afternoon at the center, waiting for Mr. GV to finish, as I was all shopped out and had brought along my hometown newspapers and a good book to read.

Today is very similar, only I have spent the day here in the center. This afternoon we will go to a pet store for dog and cat food and the grocery for a quick pick up of a few things we can't get at home.

No comments: