Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In my yard yesterday

Yesterday I decided it was time to get outside for the first time in a week and see what my garden was up to. 

I found that the lettuce had bolted.  Well, I knew that a few days ago when Mr. GV reported it to me, but I hadn't seen it for myself. The stalks were so heavy that they were leaning over.  Mr. GV said the lettuce was a tad more bitter but still pretty good, so I went ahead and cut down the stalks and pulled off the leaves.


The broccoli was still in pretty good shape.  Mr. GV had harvested one head while I was sick, but I got one and the good parts of another one yesterday. 



The raspberry/blackberry patch has gone wild this year.  Not sure you can see all the little bits of red in this picture, but there are lots!


I hate having a paved driveway.  We started out with a gravel drive and kept it as long as we could.  But several years ago our driveway washed away and caved in, and we had no choice but to pave it.  We put the fruit bushes right between the driveway and our neighbor's privacy fence, which gives us this weird nature vs manmade area. 

1 comment:

Practical Parsimony said...

Glad you are better. Those raspberries look delicious.