Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Produce and herbs

My garden is still producing quite a bit.  Mainly it's peppers right now.  I have been putting them on Mr. GV's salads and will be freezing more of them today.  I'm still getting a few cucumbers and peas too.



I was running low on dried thyme, so picked up an organic packet at the grocery store and have it drying on a clean dish towel.  If I'm not growing it myself or buying it from an organic farm, then this is the best way for me to get organic herbs.  The little jars are so expensive, but the packets are not, and often they are on clearance. 

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I prefer fresh basil. One day, I had none of the fresh or dried, so I bought an overpriced jar of crushed, dried basil. It was horrid tasting. Is the dried thyme in jars okay or horrid. By packets, do you mean the fresh herbs in the produce section?

mrsgreenveggies said...

I find the jarred thyme to be OK so far. The packets are these little plastic containers that have organic fresh herbs in them. Kroger here has been carrying them for a couple of years now. Often they are marked down to .99, and I will snag one to dry.