Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Who had a birthday in December?  My mom (and my baby sister, but she wasn't here.)  Middle sister and I were around for that, and Mr. GV had to work. 

Here Mom is showing off her earrings from S.


It was a very busy day!  Mom also had to go to the restaurant she works at in order to help out at the party for their angel tree recipients, and she needed to make a dessert as well.


Mom shared her birthday brownie I made with J via Skype.  He even helped her blow out the candle!


Before Mom went to work, the three of us went to our hometown Christmas parade.  It was a chilly day!  We had our usual spot in front of a local burger joint, where we always eat before (French fries for me.)  This year the owner said she was expecting us.  I guess it's a bonafide tradition now.  lol


 Just a few entrants in the parade:





There was a lot more---police, big rigs, fire trucks from the volunteer fire departments around the county, church floats, boy scouts, the high school band, etc.  I'm so glad I was able to be there with part of my family again this year!

No comments: