Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Amping Up the Decuttering, Plus *Not* a Pantry Challenge

My small pantry is just plain ol' stuffed full.  We buy some things in bulk (case of organic diced tomatoes from Amazon, for example) and that doesn't help with the space issue.  I've taken to storing some of the overflow in a closet, and that's starting to make me feel like a hoarder, even though it's really not that bad. 

Very soon we are going to be doing some much-needed improvements around here, starting with replacing all the carpet with hardwood flooring.  We've been saying we were going to do this for years, and now finally are getting ourselves psyched up for it.  I'm also dreading it, because I know that J's room (formally the office), the spare room, the master bedroom, the living room, the hall, and 5 closets have to be emptied.  Let me just say:  !!! 

And so I am trying to do more decluttering.  Why shift it to one side of the house just to have to shift it back again.  My mom is having another yard sale in September, so I'll be pricing items and taking them over before the flooring is installed. 

I really want that bulk food overflow that is currently in a closet to be moved into the pantry proper.  Therefore I've got to be making room in the regular pantry by eating or giving some away.  We eat lots of fresh foods, and I'm not going to stop buying those, and we're not going to live on random side dishes, so I'll still be buying a few other things, but I hope to empty that pantry up quite a bit. 

I'll be reporting back periodically, so you'll get to see how I do!





No comments: