Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Vacation Day 2: Steamboat Museum

We started out Day 2 of our vacation with a late breakfast/early lunch at Earth Friends Cafe.  




Look at this gigantic rosemary bush growing outside their door!


Poor Mr. GV was in the midst of a nasty cold and was feeling pretty rotten by this point.  

Mr. GV decided on the General Tso tempeh wrap, seasonal fruit, and soup.  


I had the apple tempeh melt which was DELICIOUS!!  I never would have thought of putting apple on a hot sandwich, but it went so well together with the tempeh and melty vegan cheese.  For my side I had their bean salad which was also great.  


We have trouble passing up vegan desserts.  Maybe because I rarely make them here at home?  This oatmeal cream pie was good but just like one of those boxed oatmeal cream pies from your childhood, so overly sweet that I didn't finish the whole thing.  


Mr. GV's choice was a banana muffin.



And a soy latte, which made him a very happy boy.  


After eating, we headed to the Steamboat Museum in Jeffersonville, IN.  There were no tour guides available at the time due to the fact that two school groups were touring.  We were given the choice to tag along with a school group, so that's what we did.  As Mr. GV said later, it really is a good thing to do anyway, because the children think of all sorts of good questions to ask!  





The house where the museum is located.


Mr. GV enjoys eating at Loving Hut, so we headed to the location in Cincinnati that evening.  



We shared a summer roll while we waited for our food to be prepared.



Mr. GV had the buffalo wrap and one of their soups of the day, 



while I had the vegan A1 sandwich with corn chips.



There was dessert too---yummy chocolate cake for me and cheesecake for Mr. GV.



Just a little sign in the restroom.....


That night we stayed in Cincinnati, and went to a local bookstore.  We of course did not leave empty-handed! 












1 comment:

BLD in MT said...

This make me even more excited to go back to Denver this fall. There aren't any vegan restaurants around my neck of the woods...so I enjoy it while traveling!

That rosemary is amazing! My sister (in WA) has one near her son's school that rivals it. She picks from it for garnish on the walks home!