As usual, we went to the Christmas parade in our hometown. It was freezing this year, and I was a little bit sick. Mr. GV kept me warm by snuggling me close. (My hero.)
My favorite entry would have to be the guy who made his wrecker into Towmater. It was just adorable.
Of course for a child the best part is seeing Santa....and collecting the candy that is thrown out! J left with quite a stash.
Family selfie!
After the parade, it was off to Mom's house to decorate her tree. Here J is posing with one of the cats (Thing 1 I think) plus Casper the friendly pit bull.
My Christmas cards that I sent out this year. I found them at Goodwill early last year. They each tell a story on the back about the animal you see, who lives at Farm Sanctuary.
A few days later, it was time to decorate our tree at home. J came over to help us out and Mr. GV made homemade hot chocolate for us. Some Sweet and Sarah marshmallows, a dye-free candy cane, and some cinnamon on top, and it was perfect.
J enjoyed sipping on his mug o' chocolaty goodness and listening to the Kids' Christmas station on Pandora.
J and Mr. GV hanging this years ornament on the tree. This year we decided on a bicycle-themed ornament, to represent our vacation which culminated in the Bicycle Museum of America, Mr. GV's dream destination. lol
One day J helped me make wrapping paper, then we wrapped his Mommy and Nana's gifts from him.
He was so proud of his gift wrapping. He pretty much did it by himself, with a little guidance from me and some help with the tape.
J was chief decorator this year. He decorated the entire mantle himself. Notice we have 5 stockings this year. He couldn't understand why he didn't have a stocking here at our house. I'm glad he feels "at home" here but wanted to make sure he knew Santa only comes to the house he stays at Christmas Eve, so his stocking here would remain empty. He was cool with that, so I let him pick out an extra stocking I had. He chose the one that my high school Spanish teacher gave me when I was an aide in her class.
Almost all of us. Gabby the cat was not having it, as usual.
My favorite Christmas picture this year. A dog and his boy.







No comments:
Post a Comment