Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Frugal doings

Some frugal things lately:

-I received a free book entitled Between You and Me:  Confessions of a Comma Queen.  You are asked to review it online, but not obligated.  I'm pretty sure this book is going to be something I enjoy! 

-In the mail today, I got a flyer for $5/$25 at a newly remodeled Dollar General store.  While I don't normally shop there, I will visit and see what they have.  This would be a good time to buy staples for the local humane society.  They can always use peanut butter (for treats and giving meds), laundry detergent, and trash bags.  

-I have a couple of books, also received as review copies, that are part of a series I enjoy.  But I would like to read them in order, so have been catching up by checking out books at the library.  Unfortunately, I've reached a book they don't have.  I was all ready to go on Amazon and buy it, when I remembered the READS program where I can check out books for the Kindle app for free.  I went in and they had the book, so I put it on hold and should have it within a couple of weeks.  I prefer to read paper books, but don't mind reading on my phone every now and then.  

-We were able to add to our car savings this week:  My in-laws are part of our cell phone account because it is cheaper for them.  They were able to drop their home phone and their home internet after my mother-in-law got a smart phone.  They give us money every couple of months to cover this.  We go ahead and count this as extra money and put it into car savings since we can cover the bill with our income.  We also received a refund on our escrow account.  With both of those items, we were able to add $383.26 to our car savings.  

No comments: