Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Front porch guests

A few weeks ago I posted a picture like this, to show our elusive front porch visitor. I looked at that nest often, hoping a bird would show up. What a thing of beauty that nest is.





One morning I peeked through the dining room window and saw this:




And a few days later I was delighted to see this:


Then this:



And best of all this---four lil' birds!



Gabby was happy to see them too.....she is watching mama, who at the time was off the nest.






At this point, the nest was starting to look a little bit crowded. I saw mama (or I suppose it could be papa, as I saw the pair together a lot) bringing them food, but at this point I never caught her sitting on the nest.


A few days later, they were gone. Hope I have more front porch guests next year!




No comments: