Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Indian food night at our bangala

I recently received a much-anticipated cookbook authored by the Happy Herbivore. The first recipe I chose to make was Channa Palak Masala. HH's recipes are low in fat and don't use unusual ingredients. It was nice to just pick out a recipe and know I could get the ingredients at my local grocery. Actually, I had every ingredient already, except for the spinach.



To go along with the main dish, I made The Spice Goddesses' Potato Parathas. There is some technique involved but after making a mess of the first one, the rest turned out pretty good.


After mixing the wheat flour and water, I started by rolling out the dough.

I put some filling in the middle.


Then pinched up the dough around the filling.

I then flipped it over and gently rolled it out again, and miracle of miracles, the filling stayed (mostly) inside!


A quick cooking in a cast iron skillet, and the parathas were ready to serve up with the channa palak masala over some brown rice.

This was a delicious meal, and I can't wait to make more from the Happy Herbivore cookbook!







1 comment:

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

that is one of my fave recipes. i am so glad you enjoy it! and i am impressed with your "bread" making skills!