I had some leftover cooked potatoes and Mr. GV suggested potato cakes. Sounded like a good idea to me! All I needed was a couple tablespoons of flour, salt, pepper, bit of water, oil for cooking, and of course the potatoes.

Mash all but the oil together.

Put heaping tablespoons into your skillet, and mash flat. Let them cook for 3 or 4 minutes on each side on medium heat.

Burn your mouth since you can't wait until it cools, and enjoy!

This is also a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious breakfast dish.
1 comment:
My 94-yr-old neighbor made this from leftover mashed potatoes. She used potatoes, one egg, and salt. They were already salted for mashed potatoes, so there was only a sprinkle of salt. She was allergic to pepper and onions.(gave her gas) She cooked it in the bacon grease that was always on the stove in a skillet. This makes me want to mash potatoes just to make some fried potato cakes.I have not had bacon grease in the house in the last six months.
Post a Comment