Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Tree Falls in the South (my apologies to A Tree Grows in Brooklyn)

A few weeks ago we had a storm blow through.  We actually got some rain, which was much needed, but there was also some wind damage in a few counties.  We were the lucky ones once again, with no damage to our home and electricity the next day in the sweltering heat. 

We did, however, lose a pine tree along the edge of our woods.  It hasn't been cleaned up yet because Mr. GV hasn't been able to wield a chainsaw until recently.  (More on that to come.) 


I might collect some of the pine cones, make sure they are not buggy, and use them to decorate with this fall.


1 comment:

Practical Parsimony said...

I put pine cones, opened and unopened in the oven with the light on. Unopened ones will open. Opened ones will dry. I have never had a bug problem, but I always worried about that. Get some of the amber if you can for a firestarter or fatwood. See my post on fatwood.
http://practical-parsimony.blogspot.com/2011/08/fatwood-could-save-your-life.html