An update on the dogs in my family:
Casper the friendly pitbull had to have a lesion removed from the top of his head. The vet thought it likely was squamous cancer, so it needed to come off. Apparently that is common with white cats and dogs. He had a few stitches and wouldn't leave them alone so out came the lampshade.
The vet applied some tape to the rough bits of his previously used (by him, the last time he needed stitches) collar. Poor guy! But this time he did surprisingly well with it, unlike last time when he was constantly taking the thing off. Oh, and it turned out not to be cancer, but a wound of some sort. It looked very nasty though, so had to be dealt with at any rate.
Macy is getting used to her new sister. As long as Pearl figures out all toys belong to Macy, she is good. Pearl has been insistent though that all BONES do not belong to Macy, and doesn't mind growling to let her know she is a bit too close to her treat. She never growls at a human though, no matter if you take something from her mouth or put your hand in her bowl when she's eating. So as far as I'm concerned, it's all good.
Pearl is learning to follow Macy around the backyard. They have managed to get into a bit of mischief together already: digging holes and rolling in the putrid remains of a dead mole which I am sure Gabby killed. Thanks Gabby. Did I forget to mention that in your job description it also reads you are to DISPOSE of them?
Pearl has been to her NaNa's house 2 or 3 times now. She is a great traveling companion. She lays down in the back and goes to sleep, and that's that.
She enjoys sunning, just like Max used to, whether it be on the deck
or by the front door.
Wherever I am, she wants to be. I've moved a dog bed into the dining room because that's where I do some of my computer work.
I don't have any pictures of my mom's dog, Sparky, on here, but rest assured he is doing well. K just gave him a summer haircut and I know he is much more comfortable now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment