This year we decided to reduce the gluten in our Thanksgiving meal. Mr. GV seems to be having a sensitivity to it, and is eating less of it. I was fortunate to find some gluten-free products at my local grocery.
Here's what I put in the cornbread for the dressing. It turned out....OK. It certainly wasn't pretty, and took forever to cook, but tasted just fine.
Mushrooms for the cream of mushroom soup that goes in the green bean casserole.
Getting the cranberries ready to make easy homemade sauce.
Frozen green beans, about to be cooked up for the casserole.
Gluten-free pie crust. It turned out nicely, even if I did have to piece it together a bit into the plate.
My "V for Vegan" pumpkin pie, recipe for pie and crust taken from Vegan Pie in the Sky.
Ingredients for the dressing. That's sage in the middle----LOTS of it!
This year I found fresh, organic sage, and thought I'd give fried sage a try. Not sure what I did wrong (perhaps cooking them a bit too long?) because they were more soggy than crunchy.
Dressing
Mashed potatoes
Green bean casserole
Tofurkey (much, much improved over the one we had several years ago.)
Pumpkin pie with Rice Whip.


No comments:
Post a Comment