Monday, September 2, 2013
A Favorite Convenience Food
Gardein--have you tried it? Yes, it is a processed food, but in my household we do eat some convenience foods at times. I have had a few different products from the company. The sliders are pretty good, but my favorite is the mandarin orange crispy chick'n. My mom, who eats an omni diet, likes the teriyaki chick'n.
At my house, we like to take the cooked chick'n, then add some vegetables such as steamed broccoli, carrots, and squash, some chow mein noodles and sesame seeds, maybe throw in a dash of tamari, and put it all over brown rice. It's so good! Or you could substitute salad or greens for the rice.
Your thoughts:
Have you tried Gardein, and if so what did you think about it. Which is your favorite product in their line? Do you have any omni friends who tried Gardein and liked it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I tried Gardein whilst travelling in the US and I love it. I'll definitely be stuffing some in my suitcase when I return from my next trip!
Mmmm, that looks delicious! I've only tried the Gardein chick'n strips so far; they're pretty good with rice & veggies.
Post a Comment