Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Busy times abound

Things have been sooo busy here.


Finally got Macy well, and here comes this one (Gabby) with a big ol' lump on her side. We've had one cat--Amber, also a grey tabby-- die from fibrosarcoma, so naturally that was the first thing that popped into our heads. But it was soft and grew very rapidly, so I really didn't think that was what was going on.


And it wasn't. It was an absess, probably from a bite of another cat. Ugh. I am one of THOSE cat owners that lets their cat outside when she asks aka scratches the furniture/jumps on us in the middle of the night. I would prefer she be an inside cat, but she LOVES it outside. Anyway, she was sedated, absess was lanced, and she came home still stoned from the sedation and with a nice little bald spot on her side. The main thing is, she should be just fine, although maybe posessed if the above picture is any indication. lol



We also had this fun guy around for a week. He stays at my mom's house when he comes in but I try to visit as much as possible, which usually means every day. We had lots of fun as usual. His vocabulary is just exploding and I love that he is putting complex sentences together.
And last, but not least, I spent a few hours with this view:

I took a fall on some water and went down hard on my knee. It happened inside a business, so I was obligated to get it checked out that day instead of waiting to see if it got better on its own. It appears to be just a nice little sprain (which I was surprised to learn from my discharge papers can take as long to heal as a fracture can) so hopefully nothing permenant.
I might be scarce for a while, because I've got a few other things going on that are keeping me hopping. On one knee that is.



1 comment:

practical parsimony said...

I did the same thing on my knee. It turned out to be a torn meniscus and needed surgery. You can only tell by an MRI. Good luck.