At any rate, I've got probably 25 more magazines to go through, and then I will be completely caught up. Most are going to the library, with the exception of "Body and Soul", which is going to my sister, and "Reminisce", which is going to my great-aunt Louise, who will pass them on to her son, who will pass them on to someone else to read. Win-win-win, that one.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Outta my house, outta my life
I mentioned previously that I love magazines. But they had started to mount up around here lately, so I needed to turn my reading from books (did I mention I love those too?) back to magazines.
This is part of what I took to the Friends of the Library bookstore last week. I added a few more magazines after I took the picture. The two books were ones that the used bookstore did not want. All together, I donated those two books plus 40 magazines---38 were mine alone, 1 belonged to my dad, and 1 to my husband. (The husband's magazines are another topic entirely---he has a large stack that he has been given in the last few years, but he doesn't really care for magazines all that much. He much prefers books. But he feels compelled to hang onto those magazines and pretend that he is going to read them some day. We are currently negotiating this topic, but have been at a stalemate for a while now. lol )
At any rate, I've got probably 25 more magazines to go through, and then I will be completely caught up. Most are going to the library, with the exception of "Body and Soul", which is going to my sister, and "Reminisce", which is going to my great-aunt Louise, who will pass them on to her son, who will pass them on to someone else to read. Win-win-win, that one.
At any rate, I've got probably 25 more magazines to go through, and then I will be completely caught up. Most are going to the library, with the exception of "Body and Soul", which is going to my sister, and "Reminisce", which is going to my great-aunt Louise, who will pass them on to her son, who will pass them on to someone else to read. Win-win-win, that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment