Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

From my garden

My little summer garden is winding down. The squash are most definitely over for the year, as I had to pull up all the plants. They were completely covered with adult and baby squash bugs, and wilting overnight.

There's probably going to be one more cantaloupe after the one pictured below. By the way, I was at Whole Foods yesterday and looked at the price of organic cantaloupes---$3.00 each! Makes me thankful for our little volunteer cantaloupe plant.

There should be a few more peppers. I'm trying to let them turn red on the vine, but when they start getting soft or spotty, I go ahead and pull them.


Next up: fall crops. I planted some seeds last week---broccoli, kale, turnip, and spinach. I don't usually do fall plants, so we'll see what we get!

No comments: