Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

And the rest, after which I needed a rest

Thanksgiving morning I cooked the rest of my contributions to dinner.

First up was an old-school green bean casserole, made with homemade cream of mushroom soup.


Then I tried my hand at some rolls. I made then half white, half whole wheat, from a recipe I found on the Internet. It was a good recipe and I'll make it again.

And the star of a Southern, vegan Thanksgiving: the cornbread dressing. I always use my mom's recipe and veganize it.









Next up was sweet potato casserole, made with the wonderful Dandies vegan marshmallows! For those of you not in the know, marshmallows typically contain gelatin--NOT vegan, (not even vegetarian for that matter, since it comes from animal skin and bones.) But Dandies are vegan, yummy, and




they melt!



The whole shebang, waiting to be packed up and taken over to mom's house to share!









No comments: