Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Family meal

After my food prep was finished, Mr. GV and I (and the pups) headed over to mom's house. My sister, S, also came to visit.

Here's S and I in the kitchen.


Mr. GV took the opportunity to catch forty winks, er..I mean to ponder the meaning of life.


The pups took the opportunity to hope and beg.


My plate, filled with all sorts of goodies, including mashed potatoes and corn that mom made, carrots that my sister made, and field roast.




Mr. GV's plate. Pretty much the same as mine, with the addition of cranberry sauce.
And then it was time to get down to the business at hand...eating.



And that's serious business.



Mr. GV hopped on the dessert train and added some soy whip to his pumpkin pie.



This was our first Thanksgiving without my dad. Although his appetite hadn't been all that great the past few years as a result of dialysis, he still enjoyed it when his family got together, and he loved to reminisce as we all sat around the table. My mom had the idea to light a candle in memory of my dad, and its light shined on us all as we sat around the table together this year.



Sparky considers human meal time as a spectator sport, and as such kept an eye on things while we ate.


And here is the obligatory picture of mom peeling potatoes. She said I already had one of those from a previous family meal, but you know? Potatoes tend to be a central part of our meals, and I feel that peeling potatoes and mixing cornbread are two of the things I've seen mom do most in the kitchen, so why NOT have another picture of it?










No comments: