Our first night in Portland, we had plans to go out and have dinner. But we thought we'd have a little nap first, around 4:00 p.m. And then we woke up at 2:30 a.m. the next morning. I guess we were more worn out than we realized!
We did manage to get up later that morning and make our first trek to a vegan bakery, Back to Eden.
We shared a delicious broccoli cheddar tart,
and some biscuits and gravy. One thing I noticed about the vegan places we went to: If they served breakfast gravy, it was going to have mushrooms in it. To which I say "eww." I have never seen mushrooms served in breakfast gravy before. Overall it was a good dish though.
Mr. GV's necessary coffee.
A ginger citrus scone to go along with the coffee,
and a cinnamon roll for me.
We picked up a dessert to have later: a rocky road mini cake. So good!
After that we headed to Powell's bookstore. I had heard a lot about it. It was OK-- kind of overwhelming, and swarming with people. Truth be known, I prefer McKay Books in Nashville.
That evening we headed to The Bye and Bye, a vegan bar. Naturally since we were at a bar we had this to drink:
Yep, water! Neither of us are big drinkers. We don't have anything against drinking alcohol in moderation, it's just doesn't interest us very much.
We shared again (just add that to the list of good reasons to have a partner--twice as many dishes to try!) We had the Eastern bowl (nooch breaded tofu, broccoli, brown rice, and a spicy ginger peanut sauce.) It was quite good.
We also had the meatball sub (veggie meatballs, marinara, oat cheese, and almond Parmesan.) Very tasty as well.






No comments:
Post a Comment