Blossoming Lotus for breakfast---absolute best meal of the entire vacation!
We had the Lotus Benedict
and the French toast, topped with apples. What I wouldn't give for either (or both) of these dishes to be available within 100 miles of us!
We then headed back to Hood River so Mr. GV could get in more mountain biking. He got out on the trail and......his chain broke. So I picked him up again and we headed into town to get it fixed.
In town I discovered a frozen yogurt place that had a dairy-free watermelon option. While I'm not a big fan of watermelon, I decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did, because it was delicious.
I looked around town a bit as well. I checked out a Goodwill Boutique. Not exactly my speed. The word "boutique" should have clued me in to that. And I spent forever in a bookstore. I try not to buy many souvenirs for myself (although I do like a good pin) but I cannot break myself of the habit of buying books about local history. I also purchased a couple of books for J--a Geronimo Stilton and a choose your own adventure type book about the Oregon Trail.
That evening we went to Solstice, also in Hood River. We got the Vegan Boy pizza, which included Tofurky sausage and Daiya cheese. It was good, and nice to be able to eat pizza like anyone else without having to inquire on all the ingredients.
Oh, and Tofurky headquarters? Right behind the pizza place.
We walked along the "beach" afterward, where I promptly tripped over a big rock while taking a step backwards. I injured my wrist which was OK after some ice and a few days of babying it.
We had to stop off for a big ol' Whole Foods salad on the way back to the room!
And some chocolate mousse. Yum!
And carrot cake.





No comments:
Post a Comment