Day 7 of vacation! We were headed to a museum but the parking was nonexistent and the crowds were crazy so we just skipped it. But we did discover that the vegan mini mall was nearby!
I can't remember the name of this sandwich, but it was something like a Reuben and was de-lish.
I believe this was something like a sloppy Joe. It's Mr. GV, so he got kale. Naturally.
And I don't recall the name of Mr. GV's dessert, but mine was a pain au chocolate.
Bread with chocolate inside. I'm not sure it gets any better than that!
It was pouring down rain but after it slacked a bit we ventured next door to Herbivore. We had a blast looking around that store. There was a huge wall of vegan books, mostly cookbooks of course. My only complaint would have to be that I could not wear any of their cute shirts! Yes I'm a plus-sized gal, but their XL is nowhere near the typical XL you would find in most stores. Dear Herbivore: Please make shirts for us larger gals and guys. We would like to represent our vegan values too!
Next it was on to Food Fight.
Loved this place! All kinds of vegan goodies, and the staff was very friendly.
So, our haul:
A coozie for me and a coffee mug for Mr. GV.
I replaced the one that advertised our local natural gas company pronto!
A lid for drinking out of a mason jar, free coaster, soy candle, and soap.
Couple of lip balms, and 3 adorable little pins (I'm addicted), and a ring that says "vegan."
Food! Plentils, jerky, ginger candies, licorice, caramels, chocolate, and soy curls.
Bought as gifts: licorice and gum balls for J and dog treats for my three rotten pups. They love them!
Another mug for Mr. GV, his fave lip balm, and some lotion for me (love it by the way.)
And some iced coffee. Not pictured is a new wallet that Mr. GV picked up at Herbivore. It's pretty awesome, and something he'd been needing for quite some time.
We had a very enjoyable time on this day, just knowing everything we ate and everything we bought was vegan. Not having to ask about ingredients or read every label is such a gift!






No comments:
Post a Comment