Sadly, we had to leave Glacier the next morning and drive to Buffalo, Wyoming for our next stop. But we had what was probably the very best experience of our trip on this day: Montana Grizzly Encounter. As a vegan, I am obviously not a fan of animals in captive situations. However, these bears are rescued bears from bad situations, or ones that were found as orphaned cubs and would not survive in the wild, and being in this rescue situation is the only humane option for them. They are obviously treated very well and are much loved by their human family, who dedicate their lives to the well being of these bears and to educating the public about bear safety and what a gift these animals are to our world.
This is Brutus. He is the star of the place. The other bear who comes out at the same time as Brutus, a female named Sheena, decided not to come out of her den that day. It was raining, and Sheena is not a fan. I don't mind telling you that I had tears in my eyes as I watched Brutus enjoying his life.
On a completely different topic, this was a sign as we drove through Montana and Wyoming. I found it very fitting that the "Gusty Crossing" sign is bent by, I am sure, gusty winds.



No comments:
Post a Comment