I don't like to buy a lot of souvenirs when I'm traveling, at least not for myself. I'm not a big collector, although I use to collect a few things when growing up and then as a young adult. (Porcelain masks as a teen, snow globes, Anne Geddes items, snowmen and Santas are the ones I remember.) I try to buy mostly consumables for others when I'm traveling, with the occasional T-shirt for those who like them (our moms) and kid-oriented things for my nephew. I figure anything I buy for myself will eventually either have to go into a yard sale or be taken by one of my family members, and I don't want to burden them with things that have no meaning for them.
But I do like to get a lapel pin from each state or significant museum/landmark that I visit. And I do enjoy looking back on them after I have them pinned to a hat I keep in my bedroom.
These are some of the ones I collected on our recent road trip:
Also, while we were in Kalispell, Montana, I had a chance to check out their Goodwill. It was by far the cleanest, most organized thrift store I have ever seen. I had a blast looking around. I came home with these two shirts you see below. The green one was a blue tag, which was half price that day, so was $3. The other shirt was $5.99. The green shirt is really comfortable and I like it a lot, but I LOVE the other one.
My total at the store was $18.00:
Shirt--3.00
Shirt--5.99
Package of tags for future yard sale--.29
2 pair of decorative socks--1.98
Kids' shirt--3.99
Book--.69
Book--1.99
Donation--.07 (Round up to the nearest dollar.)
No comments:
Post a Comment