The following morning we started out on the next leg of our adventure. We had a rainy day of driving, going through Idaho, and some chilly temperatures.
We arrived at our room in Kalispell, Montana in the later evening and headed out to the local WalMart for a few provisions.
I love okra if it's fried. I've never seen it in this form before though, and not sure I would like it.
The next day we had to take care of the task of getting the oil changed in the car. Afterward we went for lunch at A Fresh Start in Kalispell. It was good, although the portions were small and we found out there was honey in the slaw.
Mr. GV went for a bike ride that afternoon while I enjoyed some time at Goodwill. When he came back to the room he told me he had lost his room key, driver's license, and credit card. Oh I was upset and worried, because that is how I react to those kind of things sometimes. The room key was no big deal, and the credit card could be cancelled and other than leaving us short one method of payment for the next week, would be OK. The driver's license is what I was most worried about. He was going to have to drive without one, and just hope he never got stopped, because I could not drive cross country by myself.
We retraced his route, and what do you know? On a way, way back mountain road outside of town, we found all three of them laying in the road! We were both so relieved.
We just hung out at the room for the rest of the evening, and enjoyed the fact that the sky still looked like this at 10:00.


2 comments:
So glad those important items were found! So what did you think of the okra? I would think dried and salted would be pretty good.
I decided I just couldn't try it. It might have been good, they just looked too much like the okra always did in my parents' garden when it got too big and really hard. Maybe if I run across it again I'll give it a try!
Post a Comment