Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Monday, September 21, 2026

Expenses This Past Week

Expenses last week-ish

Saturday $100.95 I ordered a different low-fat food for Milo the dog to try. Thankfully he likes it. 

Sunday $45.47 I ordered pill pockets for (you guessed it) Milo the dog plus a pack of wooden dowels for my husband to fix an old table we have.  We went by Lowe's and spent $6 for some brackets so the husband could also fix a rolling roller we have. 

Monday $0

Tuesday $85.32 WM and Kroger plus an unscheduled political donation of $11. Groceries, paper towels, mouthwash, dish soap.

Thursday 32.38 concert ticket for me.  Husband is not interested in going so I'm going to go support our little performing arts center here in town and watch a Beach Boys cover band.  I have good memories of the Beach Boys.  My dad was 24 when I was born and loved listening to and singing along with the Beach Boys.  As the only kid in the family for nearly 11 years, I mostly listened to my parents' music, which meant I knew a lot of 60's and 70's songs.  

Friday $94.25.  Big sigh.  My husband came home from work to go to Milo's follow-up vet appointment and parked outside the garage so it was easier to set Milo's steps up beside my car, which is the designated pet vehicle.  Remember, the Spleenless Wonder is almost 15, which  equates to 96 for a dog his size, and he can no longer hop up into my Rav4.  He also has trouble holding on in the backseat like he used to.  He loves to stick his nose out the window and feel the wind, which is fine except he doesn't need to be thrown around in the car.  So I bought a tether that connects his halter to the seatbelt.  And he went absolutely NUTS because he couldn't move around like usual.  So as I was backing out of the garage, I was focused on him and didn't pay enough attention to how I was backing out, completely forgot my husband was parked back there, and backed into his car.  I felt like a complete idiot of course.  My car "only" got the left brake light messed up.  The housing will have to be replaced, which I'm planning on doing myself.  (Cross your fingers--it looks simple enough.) Meanwhile I bought some red lens repair tape at Autozone for $7.12 which will keep it dry and hopefully keep me from getting pulled over.  The bulb still works.  I got the claim submitted for my husband's vehicle repair and we are getting an estimate later this week.  And then I went to Kroger and bought lots of produce plus ate my feelings a bit and bought chips.  $87.13

Saturday $0 My mom took the entire family out to lunch at a local Italian restaurant.  We had enough leftovers to for dinner too.  

Sunday $49.60 online for groceries and a 6-pack of RFID-blocking cards to go in every family members wallet.  No I'm not an overreacting conspiracy theorist, I promise, but I've just heard from some people lately that have had multiple cards cloned and the cards never left their wallet, so I figure peace of mind is worth a little bit of money. 


What could I have done differently this past week?  Well, certainly I could have NOT backed one car into the other.  But it was a mistake and I wouldn't continue to beat up on my husband if he was the one who did it so I guess I'll try not to beat up on myself about it.  

Anytime you change to a new diet and new meds, you have a lot of expenses up front.  And that's where we are with Milo.  Now that we have found a food he likes and have his meds down to just the two new lifelong ones (one for his liver and one for his gallbladder) we hopefully have settled into a nominal spending routine for him. 

Groceries are somewhere I'm sure I could always do better.  We do eat 100% of our meals and snacks from home generally speaking, and right now we are for sure.  I use coupons, watch sales, and try not to buy lots of junky foods but sometimes it sneaks in.  (See: chips.) 

Onward!





No comments: