Since we've had some unexpected costs, plus some expected but still expensive ones, I thought I'd give myself a little challenge. We knew about the foundation work but didn't know when we scheduled it that we would need 4 new tires on my car, some work done to our heating unit, and our fence was going to need some work. We have savings and an income that we can use for these items but I'd like to not have to dip into longterm savings if possible.
My challenge to myself is to report everything I spend, starting Tuesday, September 8th. How long will this go on? I don't know. Until I get tired of it I guess. Some of the bills are due this month, and some in October. This does not include regular bills such as insurance, utilities, or regular donations, but will include any discretionary spending.
I thought something else that would be interesting would be to include the things I *thought* about spending money on, but didn't. It's kind of amazing how many things popped into my head on just the first day.
Tuesday September 9th:
Thought about
Because I looked at a bra ad, I am now being served up ads from endless companies who promise me the exact bra I need for my "type" of body.
Leaving home this morning I thought "I really should get a car wash."
Ordering a new low-fat dry food for Milo that he might like better than the current one. This is on hold for right now. When it comes to family members (including pets) we don't skimp, so if it's necessary it will happen.
I'm currently really enjoying a new mystery series, and I briefly thought about buying the next 2 in the series since they aren't available on Libby or at my local library. I do have credit at Thriftbooks so it's a possibility in the future, but not now. I've got PLENTY of books here at home I can read first.
I would love to get some more mulch to fix where the pollinator bed was messed up due to the foundation work, and for the bed on the other side of the deck too. I'd probably need about 5 bags.
Spent
I did spend $10.25 on 2 cans of the new prescription low-fat dog food for Milo. He just won't eat the dry food by itself. He's elderly and healing from major surgery right now, so it's not the time to play hardball on his eating. He liked it so I'll be buying a case of it in a couple days.
No comments:
Post a Comment