Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Friday, September 11, 2026

Thursday and Friday

Yesterday was a day of errands:  I dropped all the food and treats that Milo can no longer eat at the humane society, did a pretty big grocery shop, stopped by the drugstore for a refill, and picked up a case of Milo's food at the vet.  


What I thought about buying

Since I was at the grocery store, I was tempted to buy things I absolutely did not need. I know some people swear by getting a pickup order but we get so much fresh produce that I really want to pick that out myself.  I did pretty good, though I did buy some gingersnaps I hadn't planned on getting.  


What I spent

142.05 at the grocery store.  This was all on food--no items for pets or cleaning supplies.  My husband has a bad habit of getting a drink out of the vending machine at work, and that adds up, so I bought drinks at the grocery store for him instead.  Gardein soup was finally on the clearance shelf so I bought all of those.  These were over 4.50 when they were full price, then went down to clearance on the regular shelf to 2.65, and finally were at 1.29 on the clearance shelf.  So I bought the last of what they had--7 total. Peet's coffee was on sale so I got 3 of those for the husband. I "saved" 27% and would have saved more if I had remembered to bring the $11 off coupon I had been sent.  Oh well, next time.  

61.50 at the vet for a case of prescription dog food.  


Wednesday evening I went through my little garden and picked some peppers.  No they are not pickled.  The little red ones are lunchbox sweet peppers and the husband has requested I grow those again next year.  The red ones will all be eaten fresh, and the others will be frozen and used in dishes later.  


I've felt a little off the last couple of days and had about a degree of fever last night.  Just enough to feel slightly sick, so I haven't accomplished much of anything around the house.  


Today is the 25th anniversary of 9/11.  I am far away from NYC but of course everyone who was old enough remembers where they were when they heard what was going on.  My husband had the day off work and we had taken a computer to the computer repair place near us.  I waited in the car and had the radio on.  When I heard what was going on, I went inside to tell my husband, but he already knew because there was a TV at the business.  And then the owner of the business said something like "Oh no.  And I just invested money in the stock market."  He wasn't worried about all the people who had been injured or killed, that was obvious.  Needless to say we never patronized that business again.  

No comments: