This kind of weather calls for autumnal food, so yesterday I put on a crockpot full of blackeyed peas and Smart Bacon, cooked up a cast iron skillet of cornbread, and made these yummy pumpkin ginger snaps, recipe courtesty of Mama Pea at http://peasandthankyou.com.
Friday, October 29, 2010
Crisp fall day and spicy chewy cookies
Yesterday was a chilly, sunny fall day. And I loved it! I am an autum lover all the way. I am constantly wondering about people from the South that choose to spend their summer vacation in Florida. I understand the draw of the beach, even though it's not something that really attracts me. But going from somewhere miserably hot and humid to even *more* hot and humid is just not for me.

The leaves have been turning for a while now here in our neck of the woods.
And we had a big storm this week with a couple of gusty days. I fight a losing battle in the fall with the leaves on the deck. I would leave them there except for the fact that they get really slippery when it rains!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment