Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Muliga-whaty?

Mr. GV came home with a recipe for Muligatawny Soup recently and asked me to make it. And then asked me again a few days later. And then again. So, despite a very long list of ingredients, I decided to give it a try.



Here is said long list of ingredients. I made a couple substitutions. First, I subbed seitan (wheat gluten) for the chicken. Second, I subbed olive oil for the butter/ghee.











This is the seitan, cut into chunks and coated with garam masala and salt.



This is just part of the veggies I chopped for this dish. The prep time is stated as 15 minutes. Um, maybe *after* you've got everything chopped it is, or perhaps it was for Emeril when he made this recipe, seeing as the prep chefs would probably have chopped everything for him.

Here is Mr. GV's bowl of muligatawny soup, served over rice and sprinkled with roasted, ground cashews and cilantro.



Yum!




No comments: