BAKE SOMETHING ALREADY!
Good ol' lasagna. I know most non-vegans probably think you have to give it up if you are going without cow cheese but the rest of us know that's not true of course!
This recipe comes from The Chicago Diner Cookbook. I bought this cookbook specifically for this recipe, as we had tried it at the Chicago Green Festival a few years ago.
By the way--Chicago Diner? If you are in the Chicago area and have never been, do yourself a favor and eat there pronto.
Filling ingredients getting ready for processing.
We interrupt this MoFo post for a breaking update: Milo is a cutie pie. That is all.
The filling after processing.
The tofu filling, mixed with spinach, ready to be made into lasagna!
In the middle of processing. I used rice noodles and they specifically said not to precook them. By the time it was finished cooking, a couple of the ends rolled up on themselves and made a hard, unattractive little lump on top of the lasagna. Not sure I will go with those particular noodles again.
In the past I've only had vegan parm to put on top, but this time I had Daiya mozzarella and nutritional yeast.
Ready to be served!
The verdict: Mr. GV loves this lasagna. I enjoy it, but perhaps not quite as much. I think it's all the spinach. Two packs is just a bit much for me. If I was making it for just me I might cut the amount in half. But at least I'm getting some healthy greens when I do eat it! (I think I can, I think I can.)

No comments:
Post a Comment