Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Vegan MoFo: (Probably) no more baking



I am so over the baking I have been doing.  I wanted to challenge myself to bake more, and I certainly did.  If I've counted right, I baked 14 different dishes.  Considering how often I bake, I consider that a success!  Most of them were brand new recipes to me, except for the roasted chickpeas, lasagna, and lentil meatballs.  

And so if there is another baking recipe in the next 3 days, I would consider that a miracle!  I tended to do most of my baking when my husband was at work, and he is off work the next few days, plus we were gone this past Friday/Saturday so he could ride his first 100 mile bike ride.  So proud of him!

Yesterday was a wonderfully lazy day, but I did manage to cook up a big ol' pot of vegetable soup.  I am trying to work through our stash of canned goods plus use up some things in the freezer.  Vegetable soup is so good for that.  I used:  cans of crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, pizza sauce (in place of tomato sauce that I did not have), 2 cans of black beans, 1 can of Northern beans, a pint jar of home-canned purple hull peas, plus partial bags of corn and green peas from the freezer.  I added plenty of spices and then threw in some TVP at the end.  

It was a hearty, warming soup that was perfect for the cold evenings we are having right now.  Even better was the addition of the herb biscuits I made a few days ago.  








And now I am off to get a one-hour massage!  Have a great Monday everyone, and to those of you on the East Coast and in the path of Hurricane Sandy, I'm thinking about you!  





No comments: