BAKE SOMETHING ALREADY!
While looking through Veganomicon, I ran across the recipe for Samosa Stuffed Baked Potatoes. We love Indian food here in this house, and I have a thing for samosas. Spiced potato wrapped up in fried dough? Yes please! It's a rare occasion that I don't order those if they are on the menu at a restaurant.
Mustard seeds and crushed coriander seeds, popping along in peanut oil. It was a great smell.
...until I burned them. Oh well. I dumped them out and tried again! The second time was the charm.
After dicing, mashing, stuffing, and baking, here is what I wound up with:
The verdict: We *loved* these. Although I do so enjoy the fried dough that comes with a traditional samosa, it was a nice break to have the same taste but in a different form. We will most assuredly be having these again!
3 comments:
I've made just the samosa mashed potatoes from VCon, but I've never gone the whole 9 yards to stuff 'em--definitely need to get on that, they look amazing!
What a great idea! Love samosas, that sounds nice and healthier than fried samosas!
Yum!
Post a Comment