Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Vegan MoFo: Herbie Biscuits

BAKE SOMETHING ALREADY!


Next up:  Herb Garden Biscuits from Ripe From Around Here.  I used spelt flour for the first time and I liked it (I hope my husband don't mind it.  Sorry. Totally what Katy Perry would sing if she was making these biscuits.)  





The only problem I had was that the dough came out very sticky.  I added more flour, and then some more, and then just a little bit more.  


Here you see me checking the recipe one more time to make sure I added the right ratio of flour to liquid.  I did, but one thing I did do differently is use my coconut oil at room temperature instead of cold as directed.  It was still solid of course, but I suppose that might have made the difference.  





Love using my Granny P's rolling pin.  


Thankfully the extra flour and working of the dough didn't seem to make it tough or affect the taste.


The verdict:  Love them!  Just a nice flavorful biscuit.  I can see us making these to go along with vegetable soup this winter.  





No comments: