VEGAN MOFO 2012: BAKE SOMETHING ALREADY!
With the first round of meatballs being kind of a flop, I decided to go with an old standard, the Lentil Meatballs from Vegan Lunch Box.
The recipe is not difficult at all, and the ingredients are ones that I find I mostly have in my pantry anyway.
Mr. GV couldn't keep his hands off these, and ate a few straight out of the oven. I made a quadruple batch and flash froze the majority. It's easy enough to reach into the freezer, pull out two or three, and put them (still frozen) into my husband's lunch box. They are thawed by the time he is ready to eat his pasta in the evening.
He's also had these on a meatball sub. I think they would be good as an appetizer as well, served with a sauce.
The verdict: Mr. GV loves these and never seems to get tired of them. He says the texture is great---a good mouth-feel, chewy from the cooked rice, and a very hearty addition to pasta.
No comments:
Post a Comment