Feel free to share a link to my blog if you want to share something with a friend--a picture or an idea.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vegan MoFo: Triple B



BAKE SOMETHING ALREADY!


Normally I eat vegetarian baked beans out of a can.  Bush's brand to be exact.  But this time I thought I'd step it up and make my own baked beans.  And so I turned to The Natural Kitchen cookbook for the Boston Baked Beans recipe.  








The weekend before I made this recipe, I had my nephew, J, over for the night.  The next morning we played outside with his toys.  



Macy, my 10 year old girl,
 prowled around the yard.  

Milo, naturally, was waiting to pounce and play.


Nope, no reason to include the last few pictures except for the fact that I enjoy the child and pets in my life.  :)  

But back to the recipe.  Tempeh bacon was called for but there is nowhere to find it in my town, so I used Smart Bacon instead.  No doubt the smoky flavor of the tempeh bacon would have added even more to the recipe.  


The finished product!


Verdict:  Mr. GV really liked these.  He is not a fan (despises) yellow prepared mustard so I was a bit concerned about putting these called for 2 tablespoons in there.  But I went ahead and he liked it just fine!  I have not had them yet because I went out of town the morning after I cooked them.  

No comments: