BAKE SOMETHING ALREADY!
Around our house, we eat a lot of soups. But they are usually the kind where you cut up the veggies, add beans, tomatoes of some kind, and spices. This recipe, from Vegan Soups and Hearty Stews, is not that kind of soup.
I had never made baked onion soup before and was dreading cutting up 8 onions.
So I came up with a solution: my nephew's spiderman goggles that he had been wearing earlier that day. And they did the job!
This was, of course, an extremely full-on-onion soup. Maybe too much so.
Although the cheese
and the bread cut through the monotony of the onions.
The verdict: Mr. GV actually said "It's too much....onion." I got a bit of a laugh out of that. But in the end, he was right. I would prefer more of an onion flavor and less of actual onions, if that makes sense. I might try it again another time with less onions or more broth.
Have a great weekend everyone! I am still out of town and my return date is uncertain at this point. I have no more baked recipes to pull out of my arsenal, so at least my first couple of posts next week will be about my vegan eats on this trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment