My family recently traveled to see my baby sister and her family. It was a 2 day trip, and we added in an extra day to take in some sights along the way. My night before we left was spent prepping, and not by just packing, but making breakfast for the next 3 days.
Have you ever had Happy Herbivore's nomelet? It's delicious, and I always make it when we are going to be traveling. I use a glass to cut it into circles, cook up some sausage, add a slice of cheese, and slap it on an Ezekiel muffin (all vegan of course!) The nomelet is also very good on bagels, but I hardly ever have those here.
But do I have a picture? Nope. Every time I thought of it, my mind flitted off to a hundred other things I needed to do. lol
We headed out on a Saturday morning, and made it to Asheville, North Carolina that evening. Along the way we stopped in Knoxville, Tennessee to eat at Sunspot.
(Warning--cell phone pictures following. Sometimes I get a little shy about bringing my camera out at the table in a restaurant.)
Mr. GV ordered the Celestial Tofu Salad, minus the goat cheese naturally. He enjoyed the blackened tofu, mango jalapeno vinaigrette, and corn salsa, plus everything else that was included.
I had the Solar Flare, their homemade veggie burger, and fries.
We've been to Sunspot a couple of times before, but I've never taken any pictures of the quirky decor. For instance, we were seated at the haiku table, where lots of haikus written on little slips of paper were underneath the see-through tabletop.
I got a couple pictures outside too. Love it!
Your VEGAN two cents: Do you make vegan travel food? What's your favorite?




No comments:
Post a Comment